martes, 9 de enero de 2024

something is haunting my sister

I had a horrible nightmare the day before everything started. I dreamt I was in a large, white car with my siblings, passing along an unpaved and sandy road. My sister was driving, I was in the passenger seat and my little brother was in the backseat. I was talking about something funny, and then, from the corner of my eye, I saw one of those wide-and-long-load trucks ahead. I had to admit that I didn’t pay much attention even to the fact that it was worryingly close. So yeah, we were talking and laughing, everything seemed to be quite normal, until our car crashed into the truck ahead.
When I opened my eyes, all I saw was blood. And then I discovered the long, narrow PVC pipe that drilled my sister’s neck, almost breaking it in half. I hurried to put pressure to the wound and screamed for help. However, for some reason, as much as I yelled at the top of my lungs, my voice didn’t come out. The driver of the car that was next to ours just stared at me with confusion while I begged him to save me. But no one did. My agonizing sister looked at me as if she was trying to say something, and I started to cry. The awful, high-pitched scream my sister shouted was what woke me up.

That was the first of three weird things that happened to my sister back then. Today marks two years of that. The second one occurred simultaneously with the dream, though, but I didn’t know until the next morning when I told my sister about it. She said that she couldn’t sleep because I was talking very loud. So, after two or three hours of fighting against insomnia, she felt something cold at the back of her neck. She said that it felt like long, pointy fingers that poked her skin with ice-cold nails. She said that whatever was Morse-coding her neck made her jump out of the bed, sweating with fear, and then she tried to wake me up to comfort her, but I was sleeping soundly and didn’t hear her whimpering.

Strike number three happened a week after that. My sister was (and still is) a very beautiful young woman and liked to take a lot of pictures of herself. And that was she was doing that day, with a digital camera. She was home alone, sitting on a sofa-bed that was in a balcony at the second floor of our house, just next to our room. As the sun was setting, and after taking a lot of selfies, she decided to take a very close-up photo of her right eye. At first, she didn’t see anything out of the usual, but then she saw it. She discovered something reflecting on her iris. It was the face of a tall, pale-skinned man, staring back at her. She started to tremble and looked around. She even looked at the street, but there was no one besides her. When I arrived home that evening, she showed me the picture. We couldn’t sleep well that night.

The next day we told our parents about the incident, but when we tried to show them the picture, we couldn’t find it. It was gone. The strangest thing of all was to find all the photos she took that day, except for that one. It was like the eye selfie with the face of the man vanished in thin air.

My sister and me know what we saw, but we couldn’t recover the selfie no matter how hard we tried.

To this day we do not know exactly what happened.


January 6th, 2019

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario